Hidden away in Spain’s Sierra Helada Mountains, this strikingly-cool minimalist jewel is considered one of the best medical spas in Europe. SHA was the brainchild of Alfredo Bataller Parietti; his vision was to open a clinic that could treat major illnesses with a perfect fusion of natural ancient Eastern philosophy and advanced cutting-edge Western techniques, alongside a pure macrobiotic nutrition diet.
There is a huge array of tailored programmes on offer as part of Sha’s Wellness Clinic, from Detox and Sleep Recovery to Fitness and Weight Loss. Each programme can help you to discover a healthy new lifestyle focused on improving your wellbeing through a series of natural therapies, healthy nutrition and personalised fitness plan.
The clinic is home to various wellness units including the Sha Anti-Ageing medicine unit, designed to delay the ageing process and improve overall health. Other units include the “Revitalising Medicine Cognitive Function Stimulation” unit and the “Stem Cell and Regenerative Medicine” unit.
For more information, read a review of this amazing clinic, as featured in the 2017 Conde Nast Traveller Spa Guide.
See the included SHA group activity schedule here.
Includes transfers, accommodation & a 4-night programme
Anti-ageing Retreats | Detox | Digital Detox | Fitness | Fixing Your Issues | Medical Spa Retreats | Weight-loss
The list of treatments is exhaustive and covers everything from gentle pampering to minor cosmetic procedures. In the hydrotherapy centre (which has therapeutic pools, hydromassage beds, tepidarium, sauna and a floatarium) you can sample therapies such as Ai Chi (water based movement) and Aqua Relax (a horizontal movement experience). Other treatments on offer include shiatsu, reiki, chromo-therapy, music-therapy, watsu and ayurveda. Facials and body treatments (including various baths and wraps) are also available.
Massage Therapy at SHA Wellness Clinic
- Shiatsu (Acupressure)
- Deep Tissue Massage
- Lymphatic Drainage Massage
- Reiki (Energetic Massage)
- Cranial-Cervical Massage
- Customized Relaxing Massage
- De-Contracting Massage
- Sectorial Massage In Determined Body Part
- Circulatory Massage
- Anti-Cellulitis Massage
- Massage With Pindas
- Four Hands Massage
Holistic Health at SHA Wellness Clinic
- Marma Massage
- Kalahri Massage
- Srotabhyanga Massage
- Champi Massage
- Padabhyanga Massage
- Abhyanga Massage
Water Therapy at SHA Wellness Clinic
- Aqua Relax Session
- Ai Chi
- Bad Ragaz Rings Method
- Flotarium Sha
Beauty Therapy at SHA Wellness Clinic
- Thalasso O2
- Facial Cleansing
- Profilit Treatment Lifting Effect
- Vitamine C
- Indocean Treatment
- Sleep Of Amazone Treatment
- Sensitive Skin
- Caviar Treatment
- Golden Veil Treatment
- Hydration & Relax Treatment
- Eyes Contour Treatment
- Back Cleansing
- Men Facial Cleansing
- Golden Wrapper
- Sea-Weed Wrapper
- Green Tea Wrapper
Bodywork at SHA Wellness Clinic
- Nutrition & natural therapies
- Anti-Ageing Medicine
- Aesthetics Medicine
- Sleeping Medicine
- Anti-Tobacco UNIT
Mind & Spirit at SHA Wellness Clinic
This is the European home of Macrobiotics (a diet focused largely on organic whole grains and vegetables), so expect healthy-eating throughout your stay. However, that’s not to say you won’t enjoy it. Chef Pablo Montoro (who trained at legendary restaurant El Bulli) ensures that dishes such as tuna tataki on mushroom risotto and chocolate cake sweetened with rice syrup, are as delicious as they are nutritious. You can even take classes in macrobiotic cooking.
The Shamadi diet is based on the healing power of nature, accessed directly through food. Modern macrobiotic dishes feature Mediterranean and Japanese fusion cuisine, prepared using the finest organic ingredients. Wherever possible, organic and locally grown seasonal foods are used at SHA.
SHA Wellness Clinic offers an impressive range of activities both within the resort and in the surrounding area to help make your time spent here even more rewarding. Take in the scenic beauty of the area with a cruise along the Guadalest reservoir, a bicycle ride along El Albir and Altea, or even opt for a helicopter tour along the coast if you’re feeling extra extravagant.
For those looking for something a little more active, there are plenty of options available to please you too. Perhaps opt for some water sports and go diving in the bay of Altea or jet-skiing on Jávea beach, or keep your feet planted firmly on land with a round of golf at one of the many golf courses in the area.
While many of these activities will incur an additional charge, there are also a wide range of SHA Wellness Academy Activities including talks, yoga, tai chi, walks, healthy cookery classes that are usually included in your programme.
- The five buildings that make up the SHA accommodate 93 suites that are between 70 and 320 square metres in size
- Zen, Mediterranean and tropical gardens
- Big indoor and outdoor swimming pools
- A complete hydrotherapy circuit with two indoor swimming pools
- Numerous treatment rooms including a treatment suite for couples, medical rooms and a consultation room plus waiting rooms and relaxation areas
- A 4000m2 Wellness Centre spread on different floors
- Swimming Pools
- Yoga and Meditation Rooms
- Fitness room equipped with Techno Gym and Kinesis facility
- Paddle Tennis courts
- Putting Greens (15 golf courses nearby)
- Conference Room
- Ecumenical Chapel and Meditation Room
- Tea Room
- SHA Boutique
- Sailing (5 marinas within 15kms)
SHA is probably the most glamorous medi-spa in the world with 93 suites, including a special wing dedicated for VIPs. Situated close to Valencia in southern Spain, the overall look is all-white minimalist, while the views over the surrounding coastline are incredible.
El Altet Airport (Alicante) is 60 Km away and Valencia Airport, 130 Km. Transport by private jet or helicopter can also be arranged.
There are 5 marinas within 15km of SHA.
- Try a macrobiotic cooking class to learn the skills to continue at home
- Don’t miss out on the morning walk to the lighthouse
- Take a jumper as it can be windy
- The list of visiting practitioners is impressive from Stuart Bold, an expert in mindfulness and meditation, to Bhante Kondanna, a revered Buddhist monk. Be sure to plan your stay to coincide with those that are of interest
- Your treatment schedule will be busy and we strongly recommend pre booking any treatments that you are interested in trying. This way SHA can schedule your treatments in the most effective way
10% off on Weight Loss, Detox & Fitness programmes. [Valid: 1st - 30th September 2017]
10% off on Anti-Tobacco, Sleep Recovery & Anti-Stress Management programmes. [Valid: 1st - 31st October 2017]
200€ wellness credit when reserving a health programme of a minimum of 7 days [Valid: 1st - 30th November 2017]
15% off on accommodation [Valid: 1st - 31st December 2017]
*Offers Cannot be combined with other offers or services and are based on a minimum 7 night stay.