Set amidst lush tropical surroundings, think swaying palm trees and a babbling river, sits COMO Shambhala Estate, one of the world’s best-loved destination spas. This haven of calm is the perfect place to escape your ordinary routine and indulge yourself on a wellness retreat, with a plethora of options on offer that ensure whatever you seek this boutique spa will have something to suit you.
Offering a holistic approach to health and well-being, you will find at COMO Shambala Estate that the perfect blend of healthy-eating, exercise and soothing treatments are offered for an all-encompassing approach to your wellness. This is a spa where pampering has been elevated to an art form, and the ultimate goal is total rejuvenation of mind, body and spirit. Through various Asian and Western holistic treatments and therapies you will be helped to achieve your wellness goals, with Ayurveda, Oriental medicine and more all featuring on the impressive spa menu. There are plenty of outdoor activities to be enjoyed too, which include trekking, cycling, and rafting, canyoning and cultural tours. This is a place where you can do as much or as little as you like, where can enjoy all the delights of a relaxing holiday while simultaneously improving your health.
Includes flights, transfers, accommodation & a 7 night programme
FITNESS | DETOX | AYURVEDA | WEIGHT-LOSS | REJUVENATION | HOLISTIC HEALING
A long list of massages encompassing everything from Thai and Balinese to pre-natal and hot stone are offered alongside hydrotherapy sessions, facials, wraps and scrubs. Meditation and Pranayama (breathing) sessions are also offered.
Spa Treatments at COMO Shambhala Estate:
- COMO Shambhala Massage
- Indonesian Massage
- Thai Massage
- Taksu Massage
- Indian Head Massage
- Deep Tissue Massage
- Hot River Stone Massage
- Pre-Natal Massage
- COMO Shambhala Bath
- Javanese Royal Lulur Bath
- Warm Muscle Wrap
- Dead Sea Mud Therapy
- COMO Shambhala Ritual
- Colonic Hydrotherapy
- Guinot Aromatic Facial
- Sundari Facial
- Guinot Beaute Neuve
- Guinot Hydradermie Facial
- Guinot Hydradermie Lift
- Water Therapy
- Joint Mobilising Massage
- Hydrotherapy Circuit Instruction
On arrival, the resident nutritionist will assess your needs and diet before devising a bespoke eating plan with the chef, and if necessary the resident Ayurvedic doctor. All menus aim to maximise your personal health and performance by addressing blood-sugar imbalances and increasing energy levels. Meals are delicious and nutritious using fresh produce from the surrounding area.
Healthful menus for lunch and dinner including energising COMO Shambhala Cuisine.
Lunch 11am to 5.30pm and dinner 6pm to 11pm.
Serves breakfast and dinner, showcasing diverse influences from Indonesia’s regions.
Open 6.30am to 10.30am and 6pm to 11pm.
Menu selections include Indonesian and International dishes and COMO Shambhala Cuisine available 24 hours.
Personal fitness sessions are offered alongside daily yoga, Pilates, tai chi, walking, biking and trekking. Active guests can also sign up for a guided challenge. These include the ‘Mount Batur Dawn Ascent’, a 1-3 hour climb of Mount Batur to witness sunrise, and a Bike Challenge to Kintamani, a spot high on the crater rim of Mount Batur. Guests can also go river rafting and play tennis.
- Guided scenic nature trails, rice paddy walks and hiking
- Martial arts including Tai’Chi and Qigong
- Aqua circuit training in the Vitality Pool
- Outdoor circuit training
- Mountain biking
- Outdoor, flood-lit tennis
- Custom-designed cultural/special interest tours
- Museum, temple and gallery visits
- Cooking demonstrations and classes
- Pilates mat classes
- Personal assistants assigned to each residence and villa
- Travel and tour arrangements
- Car services
- Multilingual hotel staff
- Fitness centre
- In-room dining
- Laundry and dry cleaning service
- Resident doctor (on-call after hours)
- Babysitting services
The following health facilities are located at Ojas (Sanskrit for 'Essence of Life'), the main treatment area features
- 9 treatment rooms (including three for couples)
- Outdoor hydrotherapy area with Vitality Pool
- Separate male/female sauna
- Lap pool
- Yoga Pavilion
Kedara (Sanskrit for 'The Water Gardens') features the following
- 4 treatment pavilions
- Pilates studio equipped with Reformer, Cadillac and Wunder Chair
A fully-equipped gym is located adjacent to Kudus House, and there is also a climbing wall located behind Bayugita Residence, and an outdoor gym.
Enjoying an idyllic location just outside Ubud overlooking the Ayung River, the Estate perches on the edge of a tropical jungle full of birds and monkeys, while a nearby village provides doses of local colour. Contemporary chic meets Asian cool in the décor, which mixes contemporary touches with traditional Balinese style.
The Estate is a 20-minute drive from Ubud and a one and half hour drive from Denpasar Airport.
- Book the fast track service at Denpasar airport to avoid the long queues for immigration.
- Don’t miss the cookery lesson.
- Try the unique walking meditation to develop mindfulness and to connect with nature.
- There is a juice class and an intuitive eating class that will teach you skills to bring home.
- Try the water purification ceremony. Accompanied by a guide, you will visit the renowned Tirta Empul water temple at Tampak Siring, where you can immerse yourself in its sacred waters. The ceremony concludes with a prayer and blessing from the holy priest in the inner temple.
- Try Chakra Healing with Pak Dewa, a Balinese healer who specialises in Kundalini energy and chakra healing.
- Request a treatment near the River Ayung in one of Kedara’s four treatment bales.
Stay 7 nights and pay for 5 only. includes flights and transfers.*
Early Booking Promotion: 10 % off daily rates when booking 7 to 30 days beforehand, 15% for 31-89 days, 20% for 90+ days.*
For a minimum of a 3-night stay, receive one-time wellness consultation.
Valid from 15 September - 31 October 2017, book before 30 September.
Every 3rd night free
Minimum stay of 3 nights stays, Valid from 1 November - 19 December 2017, book before 30 September. Also, receive a one-time wellness consultation.*
*Not combinable with other offers.