Spectacular beauty abounds at Altaussee’s charming health resort in an unspoilt traditional alpine mountain region, the quintessential Austrian location. Unique to VIVAMAYR Altaussee, local thermal waters have inspired new invigorating VIVAMAYR salt treatments and uncontaminated alpine air is utilised for oxygen therapies. Altaussee’s uber-talented medical director Dr.Sepp Fegerl and his enthusiastic team dive into the spiritual side of original F.X. Mayr medicine.They apply the purity of the natural environment and advanced holistic medicine to treat the effects of stress and a wide range of medical conditions. Personalised VIVAMAYR detoxification programmes are based on the world renowned Mayr Cure, developed by influential physician Dr. Franz Xavier Mayr. Gender-specific treatment programmes address a wide range of specific health issues and concerns. VIVAMAYR's cutting edge diagnostic techniques include applied kinesiology, comprehensive blood tests, ECG’s, mineral nutrient analyses, hormone testing, fatty acid analyses, CSA Stress tests and mineral nutrient analyses (CCX).
Head Chef, Martin Stein, creates a modern take on the Mayr gourmet diet and offers fantastic VM cooking classes. His beautifully presented dishes are exceptional in taste with a high nutritional content. The food is locally sourced, organic and individually prepared according to the specific diet plan of each guest. His delicious cuisine makes the meditative quality of healthy calm chewing of the Mayr philosophy very enjoyable.
VIVAMAYR Altaussee offers many outdoor activities such as walking, mountain climbing and cycling, which are suitable for various levles. Depending on the season, opt for either swimming or skiing. Fitness buffs can exercise in the gym under the guidance of personal trainers or gain strength and flexibility in yoga or aerial yoga classes.Other activites include daily group movement therapy, VIVAMAYR medical lectures and cooking workshops with Martin Stein.
- Beauty salon, with rejuvenating facials and body treatments
- The 600m2 Altaussee spa, featuring:
- Thermal water pool
- Steam room
- Watsu pool
- Fitness area, equipped with Technogym cross-trainers
Perfectly poised between the banks of Lake Altaussee and the foot of Loser Mountain, VIVAMAYR Altaussee is situated in a pristinely beautiful natural area with panoramic views of the majestic Austrian Alps. The building blends seamlessly with its serene surroundings and is at one with nature, its design incorporating wood, natural slate and glass.
Direct flights to Salzburg depart from many large UK cities. Once at Salzburg airport, getting to VIVAMAYR is an easy, scenic 90-minute drive.
- Go to all the medical lectures - a great way to meet other guests.
- Book a cookery lesson with award winning chef, Martin Stein, and try the cold pressed omega 3 6 9 oils.
- Learn to let go with a session of Aerial Yoga.
- Indulge in sound healing therapy with Isabella.
- Go on plenty of walks around the mesmerising lake and stunning side valleys.
- Come in May if you love flowers for the unique Narcissus flower festival.
- Come mid-August to enjoy fireworks on the lake - a highlight of the summer season.
- Visit the stunning summer residence of Emperor Franz Josef and his legendarily beautiful wife Sisi (Elisabeth) in Bad Ischl.
- Remember to order your lunch package the day before you leave.