A “swa” programme is the most basic programme SwaSwara offers and aims to help you tune in to yourself through Yoga and Ayurveda, the specialities of this Indian wellness sanctuary. If you’re seeking to restore harmony and balance back to your life, this retreat is ideal for you.
Over the course of a week you will release, relax, slow down and learn to listen to and reflect on your inner voice or “swara”. Created with yoga beginners in mind, the programme will introduce you to kriyas, asanas (postures), yoga nidra, meditation and pranayama (breath exercises). Daily group sunrise meditation sets you up for group yoga sessions, and the days end with evening meditation. There will also be access to one-on-one sessions overseen by the experienced instructors, check-ups with the Ayurveda doctors and a cleansing Yogic kriya session using a neti pot to cleanse the nasal tracts and sinuses. This cleansing procedure will be supplemented on the third day by a special elimination juice diet as advised by the Naturopathy doctor to cleanse the body of toxins.
A tranquil resort set among beautiful natural surroundings, this combined with the different activities and treatments you are to benefit from will help you on your way to achieving inner peace. Return home feeling rebalanced and aware of how this sense of wellbeing can be sustained.
includes flights, transfers, accommodation & programme
- Full board accommodation
- Unlimited Indian teas & herbal teas served with freshly made healthy cookies
- Two private 30 minute Yoga sessions – per villa
- Introduction to the cleansing Yogic kriya session using JAL NETI to cleanse the nasal tracts & sinuses. (This cleansing procedure can be supplemented on the third day by a personalized elimination juice diet to cleanse the body of toxins, which will be supervised by the Naturopathy doctor)
- A detailed consultation with the Ayurveda doctor on arrival followed by check ups & interaction prior to each ayurveda treatment
- A Dosha / Prakruti analysis with the Ayurveda doctors
- Four full body Ayurveda abhyanga massages - per person
In house group activities & experiences open to all resident guests:
- Daily guided yoga asana sessions parallel classes for Wellness & Progressive levels
- Daily guided sunrise meditations
- Daily guided evening meditations or chanting
- A daily special focus Yoga session which could be on Yoga nidra/ Pranayama /Art yoga / Laughter yoga / Mandala meditation
- Guided art classes to explore & express your creativity guided by our resident artist
- Guided nature walks, village visits & bird watching trips accompanied by our staff
- Every Thursday - a 45 minutes boat cruise from Om beach to Town beach from where there will be a guided walking excursion into Gokarna to explore the old town & temples which ends at the colourful, weekly farmer’s market. (Boat cruise subject to weather conditions) The return trip by Tuks Tuks is at extra cost, which is to be settled for directly
- Daily interactive cooking sessions with the Chef & his team in the kitchen at 11.30hrs
- Karma Yoga - if you wish you can join the staff for a community based group exercise which could be helping on the farm, gardening or beach cleaning
- Weekly cultural programs showcasing a traditional dance forms or musical instruments
The only reason I have chosen 4 start is because the payment portal on the site is not SSL secured and this should be changed immediately to give customers 100% peace of mind that no details can be stolen in the process. I paid over the phone instead."