Purify, rejuvenate, de-stress, manage your weight, improve your lifestyle, and reduce diseases and disorders by immersing yourself at Vana Malsi Estate.
Vana is an international ashram, a wellness retreat, a world class sanctuary – all healing and nourishing. Vana suits to everyone that is besieged by the challenges of living in the modern world. Vana's way of approaching wellness is to create personalised programmes, each treatment is completely customised to your needs taking into account your age, gender, physical strength, psychological disposition and digestive power, eating habits, lifestyle and medical disorders to ensure your personal goals are reached and you leave feeling overhauled and brand new.
Food is delicious and served to you based on your body type and the objectives of your retreat. Ayurvedic, Tibetan and traditional Chinese doctors are on hand (along with expert practitioners) to provide a fully rounded wellness experience, which is completely tailored to your individual needs. A consultation upon arrival will help you assess the issues that need to be addressed, after which a treatment plan is drawn up for the duration of your stay.
Read the comprehensive review of this life changing award winner retreat featured in the Conde Nast Traveller Spa Guide 2016.
Includes flights, transfers, accommodation & programme
- Return flights from London Heathrow;
- 7 nights’ accommodation in a Garden or Forest Room
Your 7 nights retreat at Vana also includes:
- Arrival and departure consultations
- Treatments/consultations/private sessions based on two wellness weights per night per guest
- Retreat wellbeing activities focused on wellness, cuisine, music etc
- All Vana wellness cuisine including breakfast, lunch, dinner and beverages (alcohol not included)
- Use of heat and wet areas
- Guest are provided with comfortable kurta pajamas to wear at the Retreat
My only small complaint, which didn't turn out to be a problem in the end, was that I wasn't informed about the fact that we needed at least 6 months ( I think it was) left on our passports after we had already booked and paid. It might have been a complicated situation if it had turned out that we didn't have that amount of time left on the passports."