Embark on a magical journey across the desert plains to the luxurious Ritz Carlton al Wadi. This peaceful and indulgent oasis rests along an endless sandscape with the magnificent Al Hajjar Mountains as a backdrop. The sumptuous sanctuary was designed to seamlessly blend in and retain the natural feel of the area. During your stay, you can view spectacular falconry shows, learn the ancient art of archery and walk amongst the breathtaking natural desert surroundings.
When you would like to relax, you can access the beach and spend the day lazing in the sun. Pure relaxation awaits you at the luxurious award-winning Ritz Carlton al Wadi, known for its state-of-the-art hydrotherapy facility and lavish treatments.
Insiders Tips: Make sure you take advantage of the beach club and spend sunny days on the shores of the shimmering Persian Gulf. If you feel more adventuresome, you can make your way to the dedicated nature reserve to meet some local wildlife or play a round of golf on the championship golf course at Al Hamra Golf Club.
There are 101 villas at the resort, 31 of which are designed with a Bedouin-inspired tented roof. Each villa is furnished as a tribute to the heritage of the region, and all villas have a private pool and a view across the desert.
The Spa is a haven of tranquillity in the middle of the desert. All the therapists have been trained at Ritz Carlton Spa Academies in Bintan, Idonesia, Phuket in Thailand or Lijang in China to ensure a high level of consistency and quality. This is an indulgent and pampering spa, so enjoy it.
- Al Waha – The name means ‘oasis’ in Arabic, and the restaurant serves popular international cuisine as well as local Arabic specialities.
- Safran – The Banyan Tree’s signature restaurant, offering authentic Thai cuisine. It overlooks the nature reserve’s watering hole.
- Samar Lounge – This is the spot for pre dinner drinks, with moody lighting and cushioned corners to curl up in.
- Moon Bar – Located above Samar Lounge, this roof terrace provides views over the Al Wadi nature reserve. Sit back and look at the stars with a cocktail and shisha.
- Arabian Barbecue – Enjoy having a personal chef and butler wait on you in your private dining area while sampling an Arabian-style barbecue.
- Guided Walks
- Bike Rides
- Desert & Mountain Safaris
The look of the resort is a contemporary adaptation of traditional Arabic architecture. As such it blends into the surrounding sand dunes with ease, and there are small arabesque touches throughout.
A 45 minute drive from Dubai Airport.